DISCLAIMER: Even though Surgery Second Opinion is NOT subject to US jurisdiction, we idolize HIPAA guidelines as closely as possible. We feel that HIPAA offers the most comprehensive patient privacy protection worldwide. We believe this step will help us a bond of trust with our consumers. The shear nature of the Law and the provisions therein – make it very important to follow with heart and soul. We absolutely AGREE WITH THE RIGHTS AND PROVISIONS as enacted in HIPAA .
HIPAA and what’s important for you !
HIPAA stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, which became a law in 1996.
HIPAA’s two major aspects include
- Privacy. It provides rules regarding how your health information may be used and disclosed.
- Security. It requires specific security measures to protect health information that is sent or stored electronically.
What are your Rights Under HIPAA
Some of the rights you have under HIPAA include the right to:
- Review and get a copy of your health and billing information
- Ask that your health and billing information be amended
- Ask for restrictions on the use of your health and billing information
- Ask for confidential communications
Exercising your privacy rights
If you would like to obtain information on how to request to inspect and/or receive a copy of your health information; request a restriction on the use or disclosure of your health information; request confidential communications; request a disclosure of your health information; or for any other questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org