Symptoms of breast cancer
Different people may experience different symptom. Some individuals do not show any symptom at all. However, some common symptoms of breast cancer are as follows.
- A formation of lump in the breast.
- Thickening, swelling in parts of breast.
- Change in shape, size or appearance of the breast.
- Changes in skin like dimpling or irritation on skin.
- Redness or flaky skin near nipple or on breasts.
- Inverted nipple or sensation of pain in nipple.
- Unusual nipple discharge like blood.
Disclaimer : These symptoms can occur in conditions that may not be cancerous.
Image of inverted nipple.
Then what does the lump in my breast means?
Plenty of conditions causes lumps in the breast, cancer is one of them. Fibrocystic breast condition and cysts are such common conditions. The former conditions is not at all cancerous whereas the latter condition are rarely cancerous. Fibrocystic breasts make breast tender and sore and cysts are small sacs filled with some fluid that can develop inside the breasts.
Are changes in breasts normal?
Changes in breasts are absolutely normal. Every women have their own distinct description of their breasts. The changes in shapes, sizes and appearance can be induced by periods, pregnancy, breastfeeding, age, change in weight, menopause or intake of certain medications.
However, regular visit to doctors is vital for early detection of breast cancer.