Paediatric surgeon in Delhi NCR
Paediatric surgeon in Delhi NCR
Dr. Meera Luthra
Senior Consultant Paediatrics, Medanta Delhi
Dr. Manu Arora
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram Paediatrics
Dr. B. D. Dwivedi
Pediatric Surgeon Apollo Hospital Delhi
Dr. Anurag Krishna
Chairman - Paediatrics & Paediatric Surgery, Max Healthcare
Dr. Shirish Dave
CONSULTANT PAEDIATRIC SURGERY Fortis Hospital
Paediatric surgery second opinion
Paediatric surgery involves surgery of fetuses, infants or children. It is a sub specialty. The surgery is divided into two types of surgery such as
- Neonatal surgery : It is a sub division of peadiatrics that comprises of treatment of ill or premature newborns.
- Fetal surgery : This kind of surgery covers the types of surgical techniques used to treat birth defects in fetuses inside the uterus. The techniques utilized are fairly new.
If your kid has an illness, injury or disease that need surgery, you must consult a paediatric surgeon as he/she may have the requisite experience.
The peadiatric surgeons undergo different and specialised training as the surgeries for infants are different from that of the adults.
Common diseases that may require paediatric surgeon to perform surgery are
- Surgical repair of congenital malformations also known as birth defects like lymphangioma, cleft lip, cleft palate or some internal or external organ malformations.
- Surgery for abnormalities of the groin in childhood and adolescence which includes underdeveloped testes, hernia, hydroceles and varicoceles.
- Serious injuries like accidents, wounds, cuts that may require surgery.
- cases of tumors, cysts or cancer
- Abdominal or chest deformities.
- Surgery to separate conjoined twins or organ transplantation.
- Endoscopic procedures
- All other surgical procedures for children.
Cleft lip is an abnormal feature of lip right from the birth. It is common among Asian and 1 in 600 births are affected by this irregularity.
It occurs when the fetus fails to join the upper lips together leaving an opening sometimes extending up to the nose trills during its developing stage inside the womb. It is common among boys. Also, point to be noted that people with cleft lip are otherwise healthy and no other irregularity or disability persists.
It may be stressful for the parents to adjust to the very noticeable cleft lip. There are different kind of cleft lip as shown in pictures above.
Causes of this condition are unclear. Some part of causes are attributed to the genes inherited from parents and the rest is still not completely understood by the scientists. Due to the involvement of genes, the chances of recurrence of cleft lip increases. Hence genetic consultation from the doctor is
Short Term Side Effects of Surgery
- Short term difficulty in taking food, depending upon the age of the patient you can give them liquid diet. Breast milk is allowed for the infant. Care must be taken to protect the stitches after the surgery.
01. Organization !
We are a group of surgeons from different surgical specialities and not a intermediate/ middleman medical website company just in the business of giving second opinion.
02. Our principles !
We want to re-establish the dwindling lack of trust between the doctors and patients with our honest second opinion.
03. No financial expectation bias !
For your second opinion, We choose surgeons who practice in a city away from your place, so they won’t have any expectation that you would be coming to them for surgery – so no bias of financial expectation
04. We are not a Hospital !
Lot of Hospitals give second opinion. Their opinion cannot be unbiased as they would definitely be benefited if they advise surgery and they would expect you to be coming to them as patients. Whereas we are not a hospital.
05. Surgeons preferred by other doctors !
We choose the surgical panel team very carefully –after taking suggestion from other fellow doctors as to whom they would prefer if someone of their own family requires a surgery.